Bridging Lanka is a public benevolent institution (PBI) with the following endorsements
- Charitable Status with the Australian Charities and Not for Profits Commission
- Deductible Gift Recipient status
- Charity Tax Concession with the Australian Taxation Office
All donations are tax deductible.
Donate online by direct deposit or give a regular pledge by joining the 500 Bridging Club: Learn more
DIRECT BANK DEPOSIT
Please make payments to the below bank account and fill in the form with your details.
Name: Bridging Lanka Ltd
Bank: Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Account No.: 11837067
Please click below to donate to Bridging Lanka charity general fund. Alternatively if you wish to donate towards specific initiatives check out the current campaigns.
REGULAR PLEDGE – JOIN THE 500 BRIDGING CLUB
500 people contributing to community rebuilding in Sri Lanka yearlyOnline Form
WHAT IS THE 500 BRIDGING CLUB?
This is your invitation to get involved in community rebuilding in Sri Lanka from the comfort of your armchair. An annual pledge of makes you a member of the 500 Bridging Club and a vital partner in helping us rebuild after the war in Mannar, Northern Sri Lanka.:
- $500 (adult) or less than $10/week
- $250 (concession) or less than $5/week
- $10,000 (corporate) or less than $195/week
- Or other amount
Make your contribution more personal by joining us in Sri Lanka for a short visit, a volunteer experience or longer capacity building trip.
HOW WILL YOUR PLEDGE BENEFIT THE MANNAR COMMUNITY?
Your pledge to Bridging Lanka (Australia) goes directly to supporting community building projects on the ground in Mannar District (Sri Lanka):
- Women’s catering business and rice mill – establishing a regular income for female-headed households
- Donkey programs – integrating animal welfare, therapy for disabled children and village economic development
- Flood mitigation – rehabilitating Mannar’s kulams (ponds) for flood mitigation and community recreation
- Children’s playground – establishing recreational infrastructure for struggling villages
- Business development – starting up small enterprises for war affected groups inc youth and asylum seekers
- Sustainable tourism – establishing Mannar as an alternate tourist destination and creating jobs
- Reconciling differences – exploring pathways to peace, national unity and reconciliation
- Life Matters in Mannar – addressing deeper youth issues caused by war, changed lifestyles and globalization
- English as a second language – nurturing language competency for teachers and students.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Knowledge that your pledge is making a real difference to people’s lives
- Tax receipts at the end of the financial year for income tax deductions
- Opportunity to visit the projects and also stay on as a volunteer
- Invitations to special events, workshops and forums
- Regular updates about our empowering and rebuilding work in Sri Lanka.
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM MAKING A ONCE-OFF DONATION?
To adequately plan and implement our important development work, we need a reliable financial base. Your annual pledge through the 500 Bridging Club enables Bridging Lanka to build a sustainable operation which can respond quickly and flexibly to a dynamic and ever-changing context.Online Form